Monday, September 16, 2013

Friday 23 August 2013 - Pago Pago, Samoa


In Pago Pago (pronounced Pango Pango) again I had no tours booked so I decided to take my normal window seat and do some more work while I waited on all the tours to get on their way before venturing ashore on my own. The main street runs right next to the ship. On the wharf they had set up a market selling all sorts of handicrafts and whatever. In a park not far up the road was a tree that had been carve with local symbols and masks. Not having a guide I could not tell the meaning or significance of it.

Further up the road split in two so I decided to play safe and turn back walking on the other side of the road. There was not much to see, I walked in to another market to have a look. They were selling bunches of green bananas for $5, a long root ? for $10 other fruit and vegetables. In behind were clothes stalls and local jewellery.

After another day at sea we crossed the date line and lost a day on 25th August (Sonja's birthday). We jumped from Saturday to Monday. All the times we had hurned our clocks back an hour we had used up the day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment